Mostly used in Caribbean getaways and Paris apartments, shutters are classic window treatments that act as an energy efficient insulator as well as a noise insulator. Shutters enable you to regulate the natural light in your rooms from bright sunlight to secure darkness. Many people like that they are low-maintenance, and you can enjoy them for years to come. Shutters add a new dimension to your home’s décor and they can be considered a worry-free investment!
Our selection of window shutters available in durable materials and elevated finishes can be a stylish way to solve a lot of the practical problems a window presents. From specialty shapes and sliding-glass doors, shutters can fit a variety of windows. We create custom shutters to reflect your style and home design. From the colour of the hinges to the louver size, we think of shutters as beautiful hand-crafted furniture for your window.
Complement any room setting with our interior wood shutters. They are naturally beautiful, styled timelessly and they blend seamlessly with traditional and contemporary furniture and architecture. They will help to keep you warm in winter and cool in the summer thanks to the natural insulating quality of wood. Crafted from solid wood that is kiln-dried so the wood resists warping, and shrinking, our real wood shutters are all crafted to your liking. Choose from traditional narrow-louvered shutters to wider Plantation style ones in either painted finishes or stained finishes.
A wide range of stock painted and stained finishes is available for wood shutters. You can also provide a custom paint or stain colour and have the shutters finished to match your interior decor. Apart from a range of colours and stains to choose from, there are three louver sizes to fit your needs. For the smallest size that offers a more traditional look for the window, we offer the 2 ½ ″ louver. The most popular style is the 3 ½” louver which suits most sizes and shapes of windows and provides a nice amount of light and view through the louvers. A nice option for larger windows or more contemporary interiors is our largest 4 ½ “ louver. Hinge the shutter panels directly to the sides of the window openings or add a frame for additional finishing and detail. You can choose from 4 tilting options including centre tilt bar, off-centre tilt bar, concealed rear tilt bar and motorized tilt.
The construction and finish are the true defining characteristics of these shutters. Our shutters are incredibly strong and will last a lifetime due to their state of the art equipment and stringent quality control.
Custom made and ready to transform an ordinary window into an extraordinary window. Our vinyl shutters are made of the finest polysatin compounds so the finish is durable and easy to maintain. The 0high-quality material prevents these shutters from warping from moisture, cracking from heat, and discolouring from sunlight. If you are looking for a perfect window covering for installation in bathrooms, kitchens, pool and sauna areas, and sunrooms, these shutters are for you. They are resistant to the sun’s UV rays and they are unaffected by temperature and humidity extremes. They can be considered a worry-free investment that adds a new dimension to your home’s décor.
- A lifetime guarantee that your shutters will never warp, crack, fade, chip, peel or discolor for most of the vinyl shutters.
- Great option for damp or humid spaces thanks to the unique polysatin compound is resistant to moisture and mildew.
- Option to create the look of a finely painted shutter with a matte finish with special treatments for the vinyl.
- Virtually indestructible with features such as interior aluminum bracing and resin blocks to add superior strength.
Motorization: For hands-free louver operation on hard-to-reach windows or for added convenience, choose Palm Beach shutters from Hunter Douglas – the only motorized shutter on the market. Manual operation is also possible with an exclusive override feature. Simply move the louvers by hand without worrying about damaging the motor.
Operating Systems for Shutters:
- Motorized: Move the louvres according to schedules you set, with your voice, tablet, smartphone or a remote control. Also compatible with smart-home systems for the ultimate in convenience.
- Bi-Fold Track: Perfect solution for large windows with gorgeous views. Enjoy unobstructed views with shutter panels hinged together and connected to a top track, which supports the panels and guides their folding movements allowing you to open them wide.
- Bi-Pass Track: Perfect for smooth operation and panoramic view maximization, let your shutter panels slide past each other without interruption, opening in the same direction of your patio door for ease of use.
- Hinged Panels: Let fresh air flow through your space and fully swing your windows open! The shutters are attached to a frame or window opening via a hinge giving you more design flexibility.
- Hidden Tilt: Featuring a gear-driven system for one-touch control and an unobstructed view.
- Rear Tilt: Open and close your shutters by simply tilting one louver to the desired position for minimalist design appeal and functionality.
- Front Tilt Bar: Shutters that open and close tightly, thanks to a single bar attached to the front of the shutters that allows for easy operation.